Thursday 12 April 2012

Forever Make-up Obsessions: Top 5 Make-Up Products of All Time

I thought I would share with you my favourite make-up products of all time.

Some of these products I wear on a daily basis but a couple of them are used less frequently (trust me, if I could wear a sparkly pigment every day to work then I would!). So here goes...

Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in '2N2 Fresco'

I am not going to talk about this too much as I have already blogged about it here.  I absolutely love this foundation and I have worn it for years.  Nothing else I have tried has come close and so I have no intention on changing to anything else.  I wear this every day.



Blush: MAC Powder Blush in 'Mocha' (Matte)

I got this blush whilst I was in the states and I adore it.  It's a dusky, rosy pink with almost browny/purple tones to it.  It looked lovely with a tan whilst I was away and still looks good with my pale, winter skin.  I use it on the apples of my cheeks and it really warms up my skin tone and gives my cheeks a natural flush.




Mascara: Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara

I have always been a fan of Estee Lauder's Sumptuous Mascara so when I heard that they were bringing out Sumptuous Extreme I was very excited.  A lot of people don't like the big brush that comes with this mascara but I have never found it a problem.  The great thing about this product is that it doesn't dry on the lashes and leave that awful powerdy black dust under your eyes.  It makes my lashes look full and thick without being clumpy.

I use the colour 01 Extreme Black.




Eyeliner: Clinque Brush-On Cream Liner in '01 Black Honey'

This cream liner is fantastic.  It comes in a small glass pot, similar to MAC's fluid line, and I apply it with a MAC 266 liner brush.  Although it is called Black Honey, it is actually more of a reddish brown colour.  I have green eyes and I know that any eye products with a red tone make my eye colour really pop, so I was instantly drawn to this product when I spotted it at the Clinique counter.

The consistency is really creamy and a swoop of this across my lash line lasts all day.  Love it!

(Pictures taken with the flash on so you can see the colour a little bit better)




Eyeshadow/Pigment: Illamasqua Pure Pigment in 'Static'

I am a bit of a magpie when it comes to anything shiny, sparkly or glittery and so this pigment fills my heart with joy!  It is a shimmery white pigment with oodles of purple, pink and blue glitter running all the way through it.  It is absolutely stunning!  The pigment is very finely ground so the shimmer can be very subtle or built up for a beautiful hit of irredescent amazingness!

It is best to layer this up over another colour and I love teaming it with a lilac eyeshadow underneath and a flick of black liquid eyeliner.  Yum.

 

I hope you enjoyed this post!

What are your 5 must-have make-up products?

Much love,

Nikki




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful and very inspiring posts and blog! We share the same passion so let's follow each other!:)
    Please take a look at my blog and let me know if you wanna be fashion friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Laura :) ill go and check out your blog now! Thanks for commenting xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely products! Stactic pigment looks lush ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, just wish i'd filmed a haul when I bought it;) xx

      Delete