Friday 20 April 2012

New Purchases: Lipsticks


 As you may know, I love nude lips.  Because I have become so obsessed with my Creme Brulee lip butter (read my blog post on it here), I thought I would pick up a couple of other nude lipsticks to add to my collect.

The first one I picked up was the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipstick in the colour 501 'Nude Ingenue'.  I had heard pretty positive things about the Caresse range, with some comparing them to the Revlon lip butters.

This lip stick, although creamy, is not as moisturising at the lip butters, but I do really like it.  It is a browny nude and it smells lovely.  I really like the packaging to and I think the way the lid clicks back on makes it feel more expensive than it is.


Secondly, I got Maybelline's Colorsensational Pearl in 842 'Rosewood Pearl'.  This lipstick is more of a frosted finish (being a pearl) and looks slightly metalic on the lips.  It is a pinky nude with purple undertones.  A lovely colour but the smell of this one is not as nice as the L'Oreal (or the Revlon lip butter).  Again, the packaging is lovely.  I like how they have matched the colour of the lipstick to the colour of the packaging.

All in all, these are both nice products but they have not replaced Creme Brulee as my go-to lip colour of the moment.
Left - Maybelline, Right - L'Oreal
Left - Maybelline, Right - L'Oreal
Colours swatched on my hand.  Top - L'Oreal, Botton - Maybelline


Personally, I would say go straight for the lip butters but if you do prefer a more traditional lip stick you may disagree.

The L'Oreal Rouge Caresse is available from Boots, priced at £7.99 (Get it here) and Maybelline's Colorsensational Pearl £7.19 (Get it here).

What do you guys think? Have you got any recommendations?

Much love,

Nikki

10 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I have just discovered your blog and I think it's really cute :)
    I have a question rather than a recommendation...What shade would you recommend for me since you tried them?I have red hair and blue eyes :)

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for commenting!

      It really depends what look your trying to create! A rosy-nude pink is great for in the day but for something a bit more dramatic I'd go for something brighter to clash with your hair colour.

      I am no expert though so I'd say go and check these out in store and swatch some colours to see which you prefer :) xx

      Delete
  2. really nice post i find picking the perfect lipstick really difficult :)X

    pretty-quirky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really want to try the maybelline one actually, the packaging is soooooooo cute! love your blog by the way, im training to be a teacher next year and cannot wait! :) check out my blog if you can
    xxxxxxx

    allthatjazzle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) good luck with your training, teaching really is the best job in the world! xx

      Delete
  4. I love the L'oreal Caresse Lipsticks! I have 4 of them and only just recently picked up one of the Revlon LipButters so I kind of went the other way round to you!. I love them both!
    Great Blog,

    misstiffanydarling.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, just followed you blog, would love if you could do the same :) xx

      Delete
  5. I love the Rouge Caresse lipsticks, they come in such a lovely range of colours too :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, they are lovely :) I need to check out some of the other colours xx

      Delete