Sunday 17 June 2012

Spring/Summer Lips: Bright Orange

As I have stated in a few of my other posts, I am a complete sucker for nude lips.  I always try to branch out into bright pinks or dark reds, but I don't feel as though they suit my skin tone and I end up rubbing them off and going back to a nude.

As you many already know from this post, I adore the Revlon Lip Butters and as such, I wanted to try a different colour.

I visited my local Boots store and headed to the Revlon stand where 015 Tutti Frutti caught my eye. It is a bright neon orange.

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in 015 Tutti Frutti (RRP: £7.99)
I was intrigued.  But as I am such a coward I didn't buy it there and then.  I actually came home, applied some clear lipgloss and then pushed orange eyeshadow into it, so that I could decide whether or not an orange lip colour was worth buying!

Crazy, I know.  But the lip butters aren't cheap and I wanted to be sure I wasn't wasting my money on yet another lip product that would get put in my lip gloss box and be forgotten about.

Strange experiment done, I decided that I liked the look and would buy the lip butter next time I was in Boots.  When the time came, I also stumbled across this lip gloss.


Revlon Colorburst Lip gloss in 046 Sizzle (RRP: £7.99)
I like wearing a lip gloss over my lipsticks so I bough these at the same time to wear together.The lip gloss is glossy (shock, horror) but not sparkly. It isn't too sticky either and when worn together these product seems to have quite a good staying power.


Swatches: Left - Tutti Frutti, Right - Sizzle

Both products worn together on the lips

I am really enjoying wearing these colours, especially in the summer.  I think they'll look lovely when I have a bit more of a tan.

You can buy both of these products in Superdrug or Boots.  A bit of surfing has just revealed that Boots are currently offering 3 for 2 on all Revlon cosmetics, which you can access here whilst Superdrug are currently offering £2.00 off the lip butters here.

Do you enjoy wearing a bright pop of colour for Spring/Summer or due you stick to neutrals? Can you recommend any more orange lip colours I could try? Next on my wish list is Topshops 'Infrared' lip stick.

Much love,

Nikki

12 comments:

  1. I was gonna go for the Tutti Frutti but I chickened out! Haha I love my nudes. I'm finding it easier to wear brighter lipsticks now summers here though. Well... Ish! Lol nice post :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, its so hard to go for anything bright if your a nude-lover (oooer!) but I love this. Or I'll wear a nude lipstick like my Creme Brulee and put the orange gloss over the top, for when I'm not feeling as brave :)

      Would love it if you could follow you blog, I am following yours xx

      Delete
  2. i reallyyy want to buy th Tutti Frutti one! haha now i've read this i might go and get it! xxx

    jessiejane95.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never would have thought to buy an orange gloss or lipstick but this one looks really nice xox7

    www.k-dollface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm a HUGE fan of the orange lipstick trend! i know that MAC has a couple of matte orange colors that i've really been wanting to try.
    the color that you're wearing it pretty darn gorgeous, too!

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I need to check out the Mac ones when I am next at a counter xx

      Delete
  5. I have never been brave enough to wear an orange lipstick, but the colours look lovely in the picture!! x

    ReplyDelete